The Vaccination Game
Welcome! We hope you will have fun while learning about the importance of vaccines!
With this game we are aiming to illustrate how an effective vaccine can protect individuals and populations from a viral pandemic, saving lives. We are scientists and game developers at the University of Oxford and Goldsmiths, University of London. The project was funded by IMPRINT.
- Move by clicking and dragging or by using the arrow keys or WASD.
- Zoom in/out by pressing Q or E, or by using the scroll mouse wheel.
How to play:
- Click on a city (blue nodes).
- Use the slider on the left side of the screen to decide how many people will be vaccinated.
- Click "Vaccinate" on the bottom right side of the screen.
- Try to prevent the virus from spreading by vaccinating cities before the virus can reach them.
- Once you're happy with the number of vaccine doses you have spent, press the bottom right button (forward button) to progress to the following week and get new vaccine doses - the virus will also spread!
- Make sure to use all your vaccines doses before the timer runs out!
- It is not necessary to vaccinate the entire population of a city to stop the virus from spreading, but instead, it is enough to vaccinate just above its breakout threshold.
- Vaccinating people in cities that have been infected already can be a viable strategy if you can still vaccinate above the breakout threshold.
- Do not forget to check the "Tips & Tricks" tab as it will provide you with insightful suggestions to improve your final score.
- The "How Am I Doing" tab will show a comparison between two different timelines: your vaccination campaign, and a campaign where no vaccines are distributed. This updates weekly as you progress.
- It is highly suggested to play the tutorial (How To Play) before starting to play the main scenario.